About admin

This author has not yet filled in any details.
So far admin has created 9 blog entries.

They Lied to Us

I remember growing up we used to be afraid to eat at the neighbours’ house. I know you probably do too. Our mothers had put the fear of God in us that we would shudder at  the thought of a beating

They Lied to Us2022-10-08T19:56:21+00:00

Children and Justice

Children learn from seeing. What you do is weightier than what you say. Model justice at home by how you treat those who work for you, how you treat the environment and how you treat the animals in your care.

Children and Justice2022-10-25T09:22:47+00:00

Brokenness  across the Divide

My heart cannot pick and choose when to have compassion because then it's not compassion. The injustice of the death of the oppressed that are not even mourned hurts my soul but that doesn't make the cry of the bereaved in this crisis less legitimate. I only hope that just as we are learning to weep today, we will weep for the poor when we hear of their pain. I desperately hope that when all this is said and done we will remember the panic we felt at finding empty shelves and donate to a food shelter because other people are living in that panic, maybe that's what this is all about.

Brokenness  across the Divide2022-10-11T07:48:28+00:00

In moments like these….

In moments like this, when we are forced to stop When the rhythms of life as we know it are interrupted When normal becomes abnormal When we have to retract and self quarantine

In moments like these….2022-10-08T19:52:04+00:00

Seeking Justice in Broken Systems

Only 37% of children living within Nairobi’s informal settlements are able to access government schooling (APHRC). The remaining 63% are catered for in schools like Precious Talent – schools birthed by the communities in which they live to meet the needs of those communities, typically poorly resourced, and lacking everything from qualified teachers to sufficient textbooks. What does a just system look like? A just system, at least in the context of education, is one in which the government provides every child access to a quality education that enables them to thrive, and reach their full, God-given potential. If the system was just, parents would not be forced to compromise, communities would not be forced to offer services to children in poor, cramped infrastructure that cannot protect them.

Seeking Justice in Broken Systems2022-10-11T07:52:22+00:00

Buffalo Soldier

I’m going to stand up, take my people with me Together we are going to a brand new home Far across the river Can you hear freedom calling Calling me to answer...

Buffalo Soldier2022-10-08T19:52:38+00:00

God, The Rain Maker!

So, to this God, who sends the thunderstorms; to this God who gives showers of rain to all people, and especially to those who cannot afford to dig boreholes and buy water trucks; to this God who cares and sides with the poor, even when those responsible for alleviating their problems are busy stealing from them; to this God, the rain maker, be praise and glory, forever and ever. Amen.

God, The Rain Maker!2022-10-08T19:53:25+00:00
Go to Top